Monday, October 29, 2012

VISITING NOLA!!!

 I arrived in New Orleans on Friday evening.  My plan was to get out of Memphis before noon, but, of course, the best laid plans often go awry. 

I had agreed to meet the furniture repair man for my friend, Carolyn, so she could have her brand new furniture looked at.  By the time he actually left, it was already noon and I still had dogs to feed and let outside before I could get on the road.

I arrived about 7pm, and my friend, Beverly, was out helping a young friend of hers buy a prom dress.  Beverly has, for many years, helped her yard man's children out with clothes and shoes for the school year.  Bev has a huge heart when it comes to children.

The stained glass pictured above is a gift from her friend, Douglas.  It sits in her dining room window, so every morning we have coffee and look out this window to the beautiful yard beyond.

This same morning, Joe Friday, had a new piece of rawhide he was chewing on.  Often when he gets something new to chew on, he tosses it around the room.  That's how I ended up with it on my head.  He had tossed it at me and I caught it and put it on my head.  He is intently watching it, hoping it will fall.  He's a really sweet dog, very hairy, but smart as he can be.

Beverly and I spent the day in our pajamas and played Rummikub for hours on end.  I was pretty wiped out driving the night before, so spending the day relaxing was right up my alley.
On Sunday morning, the weather turned off real cold.  We had decided to go to breakfast, however, the restaurant we went to was very crowded.  We decided to eat out on the patio, so we went back to Bev's and got our coats.  The one Beverly is wearing is one she gave me last year and I had brought it to wear this winter in Ohio.  Our friend, Brenda Sipes, calls it the "coat of many colors".

Today is Monday and Beverly is working.  She won't be home until about 9pm, so I have the day to myself.  I'm going to do a little cleaning for her, already have the dishes washing and clothes drying.  I enjoy doing housework periodically, but not every week, nor every day.  In my camper I have a magnet on my stove hood that says "my idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance".  My thoughts exactly!!! Enjoy your week!!! Be sure to watch out for the witches and goblins!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment