Monday, October 25, 2010

Finding my Rhythm

How would you like to wake up in the morning, fix your first cup of coffee, add a little Bailey's and grab your Kindle so you can resume the book you started the previous night and go out on the balcony below to begin your day? Well, this is how I start nearly every day here in beautiful Costa Rica.






This morning was especially nice, because Coley slept poorly last night so I was on my own schedule. After putting on my bathing suit, I walked down the stairs to the pool, which was totally devoid of other people - - how great is that to have a whole pool to myself. Here's a picture of just what we have to enjoy:






Our roommate, Shanna (below) celebrated her 40th birthday over the weekend, and of course we helped. Here she is the night of her birthday.

Shanna and Jim (our downstairs neighbor) left for Nicaragua this morning and Coley and I had a chance to go shopping and for me to check out Playa del Coco. Once we had our purchases of groceries and adapters for these pictures, we walked to Zi's (the local tavern Coley likes to frequent) for a soda and then walked to the beach. Met a man from Winnipeg, Bob, who has been coming here for 7 years. He decided he hated the winters in Canada. Don't know what your weather is like, but here it's about 85 degrees with 100% humidity.
We got back to the condo just in time to sit on the porch, have a glass of water and watch a rainstorm. Very nice!!!!!
I was hoping to show a picture of a cute little black and white dog who came into Zi's and then layed down at my feet to take a snooze. When I got up to leave the bar, he got up and left also. Dog energy is about loyalty, family, unconditional love. Wish I could figure out how to get the picture off my camera.
So a I continue to discover my balance in this tropical paradise, I've had an opportunity to talk to a couple who have lived here for some time, but just recently returned to selling real estate. I asked Roland if he liked to play cards and his response was "I don't have time, got to work". It got me to thinking about being in Memphis and keeping my schedule so full there wasn't alot of time to play either. And this whole idea of finding balance in all things. So as I continue to look at all areas of my life, from the physical, the emotional, the mental, and the spiritual, I know that balance is a matter of choice, desire and willingness to stay in the moment. Each day I also have an opportunity to find balance in being and living my twin after such along time apart. We are both enjoying the company, the camaraderie and trying out different drinks and food.
To each of you I send love!!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment