Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A NEW CAMP-SITE!!!

 Yesterday, June 12th, I left Fall Creek Falls about 8:20 in the morning, headed for North Carolina.  The journey was a little less than 300 miles, and it took me until 4:30 to finally get to the Dan Nicholas State Park.  My site is #42, it's a pull through and right on the corner.  A beautiful wooded lot, as you can tell by the picture to the left.  This is my friend, Douglas, who I originally met in St. Louis, Mo.  He now lives in Salisbury, NC, which is where the park is. 

I love this shot.  When I first looked at it, I saw a houseboat being reflected in the water.  It rained last night, so it was really soothing to sleep and to hear the rain tapping on the roof.  I'm taking it somewhat easy today.  On Friday, I'll be facilitating a firewalk here in Salisbury.  There are supposed to be about 8-10 people there and a man, who I have not met yet, is offering his place for me to do this work.  He is also hosting a Fire Puja on Saturday afternoon, so I hope to be able to attend that.  It will be facilitated by some Tibetan monks who are traveling in the USA right now.

My last post, with the pictures of the fire, only posted the very first part of my musings on the fire we had created.  Sorry about that!  It's been quite the challenge trying to get onto the internet and also to talk on the phone.  My prayer partner, Cathy have been trying for several days to accomplish a prayer session, but so far that has not happened.    For those of you who know Cathy and Ted, the owners of Heartwood Retreat Center in northeastern Alabama, and the place where I did my firewalks, they have just purchased an acre of land in Decora, Iowa.  I hope to visit that area around the middle of July to see what it feels like.                                                                                                                     

Until we meet again, stay well, stay happy and remember to be the peace you'd like to see in the world.!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment