Saturday, December 1, 2012

ENJOYING OHIO!!!

 I arrived in Ohio the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  I figured it would be at least December before I had to deal with any snow...WRONG!!! The Friday after Thanksgiving, the weather turned really cold and by late that afternoon it had begun to snow.  Here's my truck and as you can see the snow has powdered the ground.  I have to say, even though I'm not fond of cold weather, it was beautiful watching the snow fall.

All night it snowed, not heavy, but enough to really cover the ground by the next morning.  The middle picture I took just as I got out of bed out my bedroom window.  It kind of reminds me of an Ansel Adams print, the beautiful white snow against the dark of the trees.  Unfortunately the snow didn't last through the weekend.  By Sunday night the ground was completely free of any of the white stuff.  Oh well!  I'm sure I will be experiencing plenty of the ghastly/beautiful effects of more snowfalls.
I've been to see several of the new releases the past 10 days or so.  Jenny, Larry and I went to see in 3d The Life of Pi yesterday.  Since I had read the book, I knew what was going to happen, however, when the Bengal tiger lunged out from beneath the canvas cover on the boat, it came right out of the screen at us.  Jenny and I both jumped out of our seats!  Pretty funny!!!

The movie was really good but, I must confess, my favorite of all the movies I've seen so far has been the remake of the Patrick Swayze movie, Red Dawn.  It's the story of a town in Michigan invaded by, in this case the North Koreans, the Russians in the original movie.

A group of teens, led by a recently returned from Afghanistan soldier, the brother of one of the teens.  He leads this motley crew into becoming some serious resistance fighters.  One of the interesting things about this movie is that Tom Cruise's adopted son, Connor, is one of the teens in the movie.  He actually does a really good job in his portrayal.
As we were driving home, I noticed the sun setting.  It looked as if the horizon was on fire.  Not a great picture, but you get the idea.

My days and nights flow one into the other.  We aren't real active, however we have played numerous games of Rummikub.  We've even gotten Larry to play several times.  You know me, any time I get a chance to play games, I'm all for that.

Signing of for now.  Remember to let yourself play every time you get a chance...keeps the mind sharp and the body young!!! Love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment