Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'M BACK!!!!

 My dear friend, Alpha, texted me the other day and asked if I was going to be posting anymore blogs since it had been several months ago when I posted the last one.  Yes, I am going to be getting back to this "journal".

About a week ago, I set an intention to start an internal cleanse for myself.  My primary goal is to help clear up the eczema that started presenting itself in about 2007.  At this point, it's become pretty severe on my hands and feet, and this program seems to resonate with me about what type of shape my internal body is in.  The program is called "Clean" by Dr. Alejandro Junger.  The most important aspect of it is cleaning what he calls "leaky gut".  Caused by years of drugs like steroids and antibiotics, the intestine creates an abundance of mucous to help coat the lining of the intestine.  The buildup can get out of control and lead to other problems, which is where I believe I'm at.
So one of the things Dr. Junger suggests is to take a picture of yourself at the beginning of the program.  Then take a picture of yourself every day thereafter for the entire 21 day program.  Since I'm easing into the program slowly, I've taken the above picture, sans any makeup so you can see the real me.  What I'm doing at the present is juicing or creating smoothies in the morning, having a salad for lunch and the evening meal had become the challenge.  What I love so far is being able to get alot of fruit and vegetables in one glass.  I'm not a fruit eater traditionally, and vegetables are a hit or miss proposition for me.  I've been a meat and potatoes eater for most of my life.  So, this is a real change and I have to say I'm really loving the juicing.  Today, I'm going to take additional pictures of my hands and feet and at some point I'll post the results on this blog.  As of today, I can tell a real difference, not clear, but getting there.

Alpha, I posted the second picture for you.  It's one of my better pictures and was taken this February while we were at my niece's wedding in Virginia.  This was my 62nd birthday year and also the year in which I started receiving my Social Security checks.  Anyone who might be reading this, please hold me in your thoughts and prayers that I find healing for this condition and that I can continue to enjoy the benefits of juicing throughout my life.

It's been a very long time since I visited this blog, but it's nice to return.  I started my day with a sanskrit chant representing liberation.  It goes "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" which translates to "Om is the name of that inside me which is aware of the oneness of all things".  I am blessed to have all of you in my life and I send each of you love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment