Saturday, April 28, 2012

CELEBRATION!!!

Today was a day of being with friends.  I started the day off by taking my mother-in-law to lunch.  She had a gift certificate for the Olive Garden and we both ordered one of their pizzas.  I'd never had one and it was DELICIOUS!!!  After I got Tish back home, I talked her into a game of Boggle.  This is an 87 year old woman with coke-bottle glasses, so each time we play she has to adjust her eyesite to be able to see the board.  Today we played four games and on the 3rd game, she beat me by 5 words.  YIPPEE!!! she proclaimed while I asked "where's the newspaper!!! Call the Mayor!!!!"  We both laughed.  She had a good time and so did I!!!
When I left Tish, I headed back to Carolyn and Glynn's.  They weren't home so I had a chance to get in a catnap for about an hour, then off again!  I headed over to Shelia and Chris' and here is Pinky Lee in all her pink glory.  Notice the pink hair!!!

Then it was off to Pancho's in West Memphis, Arkansas to celebrate Selena's birthday.  Here she is with her Mom, Shelia.  On the way over to their house, I was reflecting on how long I've known Selena, and it turns out I met her when she was playing softball in West Memphis, and so was I.  I was on the adult women's fast pitch team and she was on the girl's fast pitch team.  That was over 30 years ago.  Shelia and I have been best of friends since about 1985.  My how time has flown.



Selena turns 48 this year.  What I've witnessed in this young woman is a deep compassion for people and animals.  She has a heart that loves completely and will do anything for the people she loves.  Her sense of humor is "just not right" but she has a way of bringing humor to most situations.  This young man, Dee, had only been at Pancho's for three weeks, and Selena really opened him up to the possibility of making life fun if you simply decide to show up and be ready to play.  Know any other women who wear blue in their hair to match their top?   She's a pretty special woman and I am so proud to call her my friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment