Thursday, May 3, 2012

A WRINKLE IN TIME!!!

Remember when I said we were going to Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp yesterday?  Well, that didn't happen.  Yes, we did start out for the camp about 1pm, following the directions on the brochure which said to go north on the Interstate.  We did that and soon saw an exit 305, which we passed up.  Then we noticed exit 311, and I said "I think we're going the wrong way."  The exit we were looking for was exit 249.  So we turned around. 

As we headed back, Alpha looked at her watch and it said "10:00 am", which was certainly not the time.  She said "You know my clock on my computer this morning said 3:00, I wonder what this is all about?"  As we were driving south she decided she needed to stop and check on her home because they had recently experienced some electrical problems in a couple of the condos and she wasn't too sure the problem had been totally solved.  So back to the house we headed.

Moments later, back into the car we got.  We decided that perhaps we weren't supposed to go to Cassadaga and instead we headed to one of our favorite eating places, The Present Moment.  This is a restaurant that specializes in "live" food and totally organic meals.  There is nothing that is really heated  to the point of destroying the nutrients in the food.  I had a wonderful black bean soup with a dish they call "peace hummus".  There is no meat served, but whenever they make a dish like a hamburger it's made with nuts, mushrooms, vegetables, etc.  The food is like no other place I've eaten and every dish I've had there is delicious.  The picture to the left was taken in the restaurant of Alpha as she backed up to the window.  You can see the beautiful piece of stained glass that comes halfway down the window. 

We also stopped at one of the local fruit markets that advertised "Pecans, 1 lb. for $3.99, shelled".  We both were excited about getting shelled pecans for such a low price.  Well, you guessed it!  It was a come-on, the 1 lb. bag of shelled pecans was a bag of ground pecans to use for coating meats and fish.  I did, however, get a bag of fresh oranges, so not all was lost.

By the time we got back home, it was almost 6pm.  We had been up and down the expressway several times and laughed about falling into a time warp.  Where the day went, we had no idea.  Once we got back though we went out for a walk and headed for the Intracoastal Waterway, just a couple of blocks from Alpha's house.  You'd really have to see for yourself how beautiful an area she lives in.  Palm trees, beautiful flowing plants and bushes, lush green yards, and million dollar homes surround the Intracoastal Waterway.  I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.  The only thing missing for my piece of heaven is a game table with people waiting for me to sit down and play with them.  I hope God is listening, because I fully expect to be able to play to my hearts' content when I pass beyond this world. 

In the meantime, don't forget to play whenever you can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment