Saturday, June 18, 2011

DELMARVA CHICKEN FESTIVAL


Today I talked my brother-in-law, Tom, into going with me to see the world's largest frying pan. It's really quite something, with four sections that can hold up to 200 pieces in each quarter. When we got to the festival, this skillet was filled with oil but no chicken. We waited a few minutes and talked with the guys doing the cooking, then they started to throw the 1/4 chicken pieces into one-quarter of the pan.
This pan was built originally in the 1950's and they've been cooking chicken in it ever since. Tom and I each bought a piece to bring home, and it was delicious. Of course, the chickens are raised right here in Delaware.
We spent about 2 hours walking around, stopping at a few vendors, drank some rootbeer and lemonade, Tom asked about solar paneling for his home, and then decided we'd had enough of fun in the sun and headed home. For those of you who know Tom, we had to first make a pit-stop at the local Wa-Wa store for coffee. I have to say I've gotten a little spoiled myself, they have a really flavorful hazelnut coffee with hazelnut creamer, so I also had to get my fix as well.
So, that's my exciting day- try to beat this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment