Thursday, August 4, 2011

A DAY OF EASE!!!!

Some of you might be asking, "a day of ease, how is that different from any other day you're having?" Well, I'll tell you. Today was about being in my space, reconnecting with my home.
Today was about spending the day in my pj's and about not brushing my teeth or my hair. Today was about organizing the piles that had begun to take over my dining roon table. Today was a day about eating when I was hungry, drinking when I was thirsty, relaxing when I was tired, watching tv when I needed to be entertained. In short, today was day all about me.

When I got out of bed this morning, I knew in my heart Jenny needed some alone time. Not that she would ever tell me that, but I felt she needed to be able to nap if needed, and to spend the day in her pj's as well.
Tonight she called to see if I wanted them to order a fish sandwich for me to go along with theirs. I had already fixed and eaten red beans and rice with smoked sausage, so I told her no, not for me.
We both got a chuckle out of the fact she was calling her backyard to connect with me. She said "it's like I'm calling long distance, but you're just outside my back door!"
So, today was about rest-oring my spirit, (my friend, Cathy from Heartwood's message). Today was about being in simplicity, being in peace, being in the moments of my day in a way that speaks to my soul. Take the time for yourself, to spend the day doing just what you want, when you want, how you want and where you want. It's all about your personal journey and how you choose to rest(ore) your spirit.
P.S. the pics are Jenny's hibiscus bushes, three different colors. One of the pics is taken with the symmetricam feature of my camera. Beautiful, yes!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it and here is to the afternoon nap, the sleeping until 10AM and contentment that it is all that is needed. In fact I am still working on that there is nothing more that is required of me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete