Monday, August 29, 2011

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!

I am loving this picture. Can you see the faces in the trees in the middle? This gives you an idea of how beautiful day it was here in Ohio. The sky was partly cloudy, the sky was a deep blue, the water was so calm since there was no wind to speak of, and, the temperature was in the low 70's.
Jenny had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and Larry took her. Meanwhile, I decided to get a manicure before I hit the road on Thursday morning. Before I left the house, I suggested to Jenny and Larry that I buy something for us for dinner and that we eat it at Mosquito Lake. This is probably going to be my last time at the lake for this trip. I've definitely enjoyed the few excursions we've made both on the water and beside the water.
As we sat down at our picnic table to eat, I noticed a sea gull to my left, sitting on the sidewalk, periodically calling out. I thought the bird was calling to a mate. Jenny said it was waiting for us to throw some food its way. Sure enough, Jenny said "Jonathan, come here!" and surprisingly the bird started walking towards us. Jenny through a bit of biscuit and bird snatched it up immediately. Then, of course, Larry and I had to get in on the action, so we threw pieces of biscuit and chicken out to the bird also. Unfortunately, some of the pieces fell just short of our table, and the bird wasn't about to get that close.
However, in the picture to the left, I noticed the bird flying overhead, and before we knew it he had flown down, swooped up the food and here he is taking off again. He performed this feat several times, getting the pieces that were too close to the table earlier.

Here is the same gull, finally getting the really big piece of biscuit that fell just beyond the table. You can see a bit of the table in the foreground. Crazy little buggers!!! Had a good time watching this one. One of his buddies flew down at one point to join in the feast and this one created quite a ruckus and managed to get most of the pieces of food.
On the way home I saw this sign at one of the local churches:
"I walk before God in the land of the living". I guess that's another way of saying "God has my back". I love the way that feels to me!!! Don't mean to get religious on you, but I do know that God really does have my back! I guess that's one of the reasons I feel pretty comfortable traveling by myself across country.
Sweet dreams!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment