Monday, August 15, 2011

FISHING, AGAIN!!!!

A couple of days ago, I went fishing for the first time in nearly 15 years. Yesterday, I had the chance to go out on the pontoon boat for the second time to go fishing. YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I'm getting quite good at casting my line out and having a really great time, just sittin' and fishin' and doin' nothin'.
How is that different from my day to day activities since I retired, you might ask? Fishin'---that's the difference, otherwise, another day, another opportunity for doing nothin'. I'm getting really good at being in the rhythm of doing nothing. There was a time when having days to do nothing was not in my life, I lived by a day-timer and most days had some something to do. I'm still loving this retirement thing!!! Wish I had more friends and family who could come play with me.
This first picture is of Cody's fish he caught. It's a perch and a little bit larger than the perch I also caught on this day. Cody is a nephew on Larry's side of the family. He was so helpful getting my minnows and worms on my fishing line, and helped to get my one fish off the hook. Even though I can do those things for myself, it's so nice to have a young man helping.
Here's Cody holding up Larry's 10 lb. catfish. It put up quite a struggle and Cody was able to get underneath it with the net to get it in the boat. Nice going, Larry!!!!
We didn't keep any of the fish, we threw the smaller ones back instantly, and let the larger "cat" go after an hour or so. We were out on the water for about 5 hours.

Here's what it looked like as we were headed back to the dock. A beautiful finish for our beautiful day.
Since I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks, this fishing trip was probably my last one for quite some time.
To all my friends and family, I send hugs!!!! Looking forward to our next time together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment