Friday, August 12, 2011

GONE FISHIN'!!!

Yesterday, Jenny, Larry and I got in the pontoon boat and headed to Larry's favorite fishin' hole. This is my rod and reel, Larry actually gave me his favorite Zebco 808 reel with push button handling. We sat in the boat at Mosquito Lake, the temperature was in the high 70's, maybe even a little chilly and Larry and I fished. Would you believe it, I actually caught a fish. If I said it was a whopper, that would be a whopper of a lie. Larry said it was hardly bigger than my minnor, but nonetheless, it was a fish, we think a baby walleye. Ask me how many fish Larry caught--- nada, zilch, zero, none. We stayed out on the lake for nearly five hours and it was so peaceful and relaxing. Jenny took her book and read while we fished. I had a really good time, I haven't been fishing in quite some time, so it was nice revisiting this activity. Hope to do it again, maybe tomorrow, if no rain.

As we headed back to the dock to disembark, I noticed the sun sitting low in the sky shimmering off the water. I took this picture with the "fish eye" lens of my camera and I think it turned out pretty nice.


Here's a couple of pictures I took this morning. As I returned from going to the RV supply shop, I noticed this beautiful butterfly sitting just below my slideout. So the picture to the far right is of the butterfly and the other one is taken with the lens called "symmetricam". I always enjoy seeing what turns out when I use these different FX lenses. Pretty fun!!!
As I prepare to turn in for the night, I hope all of you are enjoying beautiful skies, wonderful temperatures and the company of friends and family. Love to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment