Sunday, March 18, 2012

CREATING DRAMA FOR MYSELF!!!

What an interesting weekend. I had three pet-sitting jobs running concurrently. One of the three was simply a drive-by for cats, so that was the easy part. The other two were within 15 miles of each other, so not too difficult.
This beautiful room gives some indication of the luxury I was able to spend some time at. An absolutely gorgeous home, about 4000 square feet, with a wonderfully large yard surrounded by trees, shrubs and flowers. Got in for the evening about 7pm and settled in for a night of relaxation and pampering.
Here's the precious baby I was taking care of. Her name is Petunia and she had never laid eyes on me before I walked in on Friday evening. I call her my "flower" child. She's so loving, never meets a stranger and literally showed me the ropes by going to her kennel without me asking.
This morning, however, as I loaded up all my bags to head home, discovered I could not find the key. What in the world could I have done with it?! I spent the next hour re-tracing my steps, emptying out my pockets, not once but at least four times, taking everything out of my purse at least twice, looked under cushions, ran my hands across the entire counter area in the kitchen, even drove back an hour after I left to see if by some chance it had fallen on the driveway. No luck!!! I know nothing is ever lost in the universe, but this really bugs me. I'm usually so conscious of things like glasses, phone and especially keys.
I also acknowledge recently having a conversation about drama in other peoples lives and not mine. "Let she who is without sin, cast the first stone!" Guess it's time for my stoning!!! Over the next couple of weeks as I prepare for the firewalk, I'm sure my being fully conscious will be a true necessity and perhaps this is a message for me to shape up, stay centered and remember to breathe. Despite the drama, I am truly enjoying my day!!! Hope you are also!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment