Sunday, March 11, 2012

WE ARE BOTH BACK IN OUR HOMES!!!

After spending 10 days basking in the warmth of the Costa Rican sun, Beverly is back at home. As you can see in the photos, Joe is over-joyed at her return.
Joe loves to climb up on things like you or the furniture and, of course, the bed. I'm not one for letting dogs climb on furniture, so I was quite the taskmaster when it came to him climbing up on me or the couch. He did, however, sleep every night in the bed with me.
Bev, on the other hand, is OK with all of it. I told Joe once I left he could return to his "sinful" ways, which I'm sure he has.
As I was trying to get a picture of them both, Joe decided, since he believes he's just a "little" dog anyway, why not climb up in his "mom's" lap. So, here he is trying to make himself comfortable. At one point, I thought he was going to wrap himself around Beverly like a fox fur wrap. Can't you just see his head curled around the front of Bev while wrapping his legs and tail around the other way.
I left NOLA around 11am, headed back to Memphis. I made a pit-stop in Madison, Mississippi to chat with my friend, Robert Pickenpaugh. Robert is an incredible potter and has a wonderful shop just a few miles from Jackson, Miss. Once I got back on the road, the only other stop I had to make was at Bev's parents' home to drop off a few packages. Her parents live in Southaven, Miss., so not too far off my path.
I arrived in Lakeland about 6pm, not too bad a drive. Here's a little something I heard on the Splendid Table on NPR. Lynn Rossetto Casper declared this to be a Buddhist dinner prayer: "In this plate of food I see the entire world supporting my existance." Isn't that awesome!!! I can see offering up this same prayer as I'm doing most anything, like driving, sleeping, walking, etc. Just change the words a little and see what happens.
On that note, I say goodnight and pleasant dreams!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment