Friday, December 3, 2010

Dancing Queen





Today, after going to our water aerobics class, Coley, Freckles and I drove into town to shop at a fund-raising event for the local animal rescue agency. They had received a donation of clothes, some with "Gap" labels, and other well known designer labels, to sell, all of the proceeds went to the agency.


The picture to the left shows a woman under an umbrella, holding a sign advertising the sale. This is just one little portion of the main road in Playas del Coco and when traffic is moving, it can get kind of crazy. Two lanes of cars with people walking and riding bicycles, scooters, golf carts, and motorcycles. You have to be really conscious when you're walking on this street. Coley, Freckles and I have decided to take on an 11-year old girl for Christmas, who lives in the complex Coley and I live in. In a couple of previous posts, I've included a picture of her. Her name is Lily Rain and she lives with her grandfather. We found several articles of clothing at the sale today. I've also decided to buy a bicycle for her, since she doesn't have one and she borrows Coley's all the time. Being able to do this really puts me in the holiday spirit and I know it does Coley as well.


Speaking of Coley, here she is in her new freedom dress. I bought this for her the night she found out she was divorced. If you look closely on her right shoulder, you can see her freedom braid hanging down. She looks so good in this dress and it will look really good on our cruise. Tonight, she and I both went to Zi's to listen to a band. The group is called Banana Kings and it's three guys, around their mid to late 50's playing some really great tunes, Sweet Home Alabama, Born on the Bayou, and the one I actually got up and danced to was the famous Johnny Rivers song, Long Distance Information Give Me Memphis, Tennessee. I mean, how could any self-respecting girl from Tennessee not get up and dance to that song. Thought about all my buddies in Memphis, really miss each and every one of them, Shelia, Melanie, Anne, Ayn, Sherry, Elva, Tish, oh Dios mio, I could go on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just about the time I was read to come home, a young tico man came and sat with us. His name is Miguel, he's from Nicaragua, but has lived in Costa Rica for three years. He's been trying for a year to get his work permit, so he can stay in the country for a year without having to leave every 30 days. For those of us from the States and Canada, etc., we get to stay for 90 day and then we also have to leave for 3 days, hence our cruise the middle of January.
Miguel speaks really good english and we were both enjoying talking to him. He said he likes dancing, so I immediately told him that any time he's back in Zi's bar and he sees my twin, to get her to dance, she loves it. So when I left the bar, guess who was up and dancing? HMMMMMMM!!!!! I wonder ----not!!!
Love to all!!! Buenos noches, dulce sueltas (good night, sweet dreams)!!























No comments:

Post a Comment