Friday, December 10, 2010

God's Time, Not Our Time

Today, we are saying goodbye to our dear friend, Olin, who layed down his earthly body this morning. Coley and I have just found out and Coley has gone to try to help his daughter with anything she might need.

Only a moment ago, Olin's best friend came upstairs to see if we knew. As he left, I asked how he was doing with all of it, and he started to cry. I asked if I could hold him and he walked into my arms. We both cried together. "There is no reason for the timing of it all", I said to him. Then he told me that Olin's daughter "felt" as if she needed to be here. She got here two days ago.

How incredible, how mystifying, how synchronistic is it when everything fits so neatly together, right place, right time, right where one needs to be, just the right moments before one passes......... Last night Olin and his daughter spent several hours dancing, drinking, laughing, having a great time. Coley was there until 1:30 a.m. sharing in the fun.

Olin loved this place he called home, Costa Rica. He wouldn't have had it any other way. We, who are the ones left behind, grieve through our letting go, but Olin has surrendered the heaviness, the pain, the sorrow and the sadness to wrap himself in the arms of Love. Tonight I raise a toast to you, dear one, be at peace!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment