Sunday, March 13, 2011

PARTY TIME!!!





There was a hot time in the old town last night! Since this was my last weekend, Coley and I held a pot-luck and invited some friends to join us. It was without a doubt one of the most fun times I've had in Costa Rica. To the left is Rosemary and Dave in the foreground, Joe in the dark tee, Marcel in the blue trunks.





To the left is Sandra in the pink and her husband Joe to her left. In the foreground is Freckles with something of interest in her drink. In addition to the people in these pictures, not pictured are Eddie, Peter, Cerj, Mike, Terry, Lily, Danielle, Ricardo, Coley and I. The food was absolutely marvelous as well, with candied plantains, 7-layer dip, potato salad, bread chips with pate' and cheese, and also a vegetable spread on them, plenty of chips, baked beans, and pintos with potatos. Mike did the grilling and we had hamburgers and hotdogs.


The best part of the afternoon, was the water volleyball games we played. As you can see by the pictures, we played girls vs. boys. The guys won both games, but we really gave them a run for their money. On the girls team, that's me getting ready to serve, Coley is on my left and Peter is next to her. Sandra is in front of me, Freckles in front of Coley and Rosemary in front of Peter. On the sidelines is Danielle who was the ball retriever and helped keep the score. Notice our wonderful net!!! We had a definite advantage in that our end is the most shallow.


The guys had to contend with the deep end, which is about 5.5 inches deep. In the front row, far left is Joe, and next to him was Mike, Dave behind Mike, Eddie in the middle and Marcel far left, back row. Marcel is only about 5 ft 4 inches, so he really had to work harder to keep afloat.
One of the greatest moments was a ball that Freckles hit off Sandra's head to Coley who put it over the net and scored one for our team. I'm surprised you didn't hear us screaming and laughing all the way back to the States.


So this was a farewell party for me, but also for Marcel and Danielle who will be heading back to Quebec on Monday. They've been living downstairs from Coley and I since the middle of January. Sandra and Joe have been here for a week from Olympia, Washington and will be headed back on Tuesday, then I leave on Friday. I told all of them if I'd known how much fun it was to play in the pool with them, I would have had a pool party much sooner. You can bet when I come back next winter, we'll have more opportunities to play water games together.

This may be my last entry for several days. Until I get my computer out of storage, I won't have much access to do my blog, but never fear, I shall return. I hope you've enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about some of the adventures we've had. I send each of you love!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment