Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Today I celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with all of my brothers, sisters, and my Mom and step-father. For my brothers and sisters, this is the first Thanksgiving we've been together as one since 1966. So for me, this is an especially blessed day.
Coley and I left New Orleans on Friday, Nov. 18th and arrived in O'Fallon, Mo. about 6pm that evening. My friends, Jim and Elizabeth, had taco salad prepared for us for dinner and the next morning, Jim got up at 5am to make breakfast before we left.
As we got further into northern Iowa, we started to see some snow on the ground and this picture shows the beauty and the bleakness of the season.
We continued on to Kadoka, South Dakota where we met up with my sister, Jenny and her husband, Larry, as they drove in from Ohio. Kadoka sits in the Badlands,which we didn't get
drive through due to the road conditions.
We did, however, make it to Mt. Rushmore, seen on the left. This picture was taken from the opposite side of the monument where you can see a really great profile of George Washington. See how brilliantly blue the sky was and the snow still on the ground. You'll be happy to know my truck did very well. I was so happy I had the four-season tires put on before I left Memphis.
This was my first time to be in South Dakota. It's a rugged, wide-open spaces State. The roads spread out in front of you for miles, and I was so thankful there was very little traffic around us. Even though the road crews had been out, there was still some icy patches on the highway. At one point I told Coley, "I'm going in", referring to moving across from lane to the next in order to pass a car, and then "I'm moving out" to get back into the right hand lane. I felt like a commando and Coley said "were you holding your breath?". Believe me, I was. Pretty scary traveling through
areas I'm unfamiliar with. But we did just fine.
Here is a picture of Devils Tower in Wyoming. This was taken with my Toycam feature. Turned out to be a really pretty picture.

We finally made it to Mom's house in Sheridan, Wyoming. My brother, Jeff, seen here in the foreground, with his fiance', Jackie. She's going to fit in with this family just fine. She's got a great sense of humor, likes playing games, and is easy on the eyes. We are all very happy for Jeff. His first wife, Jane, passed away several years ago and he's been alone since then. So welcome to the family, Jackie!!!
So, that's all the news that is news here in Wyoming. Hope all of you out there are celebrating your blessings with those you love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment