Saturday, January 7, 2012

STILL IN PARADISE!!!


Last night, as Shelia and I headed to a little diner by the name of Wolf River Diner, we stepped up into my truck and were greeted by this amazing sunset. Even the clouds looked like nothing I've ever seen at sunset, like air bubbles floating up through the water. Even using my little phone camera, it turned out beautiful!!!!
We were invited to dinner by Shelia's daughter, Lynn and her husband, Len aka Switchy. They had their son, Jared, with them and he'd brought along two friends/brothers, Justin, 11, and, Josh, 10. The whole family was excited about being able to order fried catfish, a southern favorite. I'm not a catfish person, unless is shovel-bill catfish, so, I ordered a taco salad.
After dinner, they followed us home so Switchy could show us how to light one of the fireplaces. He and I also shared a bottle of Merlot/Cabernet. Josh, the youngest said "I wish I could have a glass of wine, but I'm not 21 yet." "Believe me, Josh, you'll get there sooner than you think", I said. When I was 10, I thought 21 was a long way away. Now, I'm 60 and it got here alot quicker than I thought it would".
"WOW, you're 60! You're 3 years younger than my Dad and you look like you're 40".
(Never thought I'd get to say this!!!) "Josh, 60 is the new 40"!!!! He just sat there staring at me!
My weekend was made in that moment!!!!!
What's up in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment