Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CELEBRATING MY BIRTH!!!

Yesterday afternoon I had no specific plans to celebrate my birthday. Sometime later, my best friend, Shelia called and asked if she could take me to lunch. "Yes, that would be great!"
Later my friend, Anne, called and asked if I had any plans for dinner, and I said I did not. "Good, let's do drinks and appetizers somewhere". "Sure, that would be great!" In just a matter of minutes my uncelebrated birthday became celebrated. How awesome is that, to know your presence is being celebrated.
I picked Shelia up at 11am and we decided to go to my favorite breakfast coffee shop, Otherlands, and had lattes with breakfast foods, and as you can see from the picture, later we played the board/card game called Sequence. Life doesn't get any better than that for me. I truly love playing games with people. It doesn't matter the game, just ask me to play with you!!!
About 12:30pm, I dropped Shelia off at her home and proceeded to my book study group. Here we are just before we started the group. This is the room we meet in and these are the women I so love being with one day a week. This is where I get my spiritual food. From the left Elva, Billie, Phinie, me and Savilla. The only person missing from this group is Renee and she was absent today. I told the group this was my birthday and what I wanted to do was to sing a chant at the end of the session and they all agreed. We chanted "danyavad, danyavad, danyavad ananda" and then repeated it three times. It's a Sanskrit chant I fell in love with while in Scotland that translates to blessings, blessings, blessings, bliss.
As I was driving home, my friend, Anne, had to cancel our plans for this evening and we scheduled our drinks for next week. Then my other friend, Ayn, called and invited me for dinner. Had a great meal and great conversation!! Look at that beautiful smile!!!
I am so grateful for all the wonderful wishes I received and I'd like to thank the following people for thinking of me, sending me birthday songs by voice mail and e-mail, and posting cards, both through snail mail and e-mail: Sherri, Mom, Coley, Jenny, Sandy, Smitty, Shelia, Stefan in Ireland, Silvana in Italy, Donna, Lora, Ayn, Jane, Dixie, Carolyn, Sherry, Angie, Colleen, Margie, Alpha, Douglas, Beverly, Brenda, Jane, Teresa, Cathy, Ted, Magnolia, Joan, and Kyle. I hope I didn't forget anyone, and if I did, please know you helped to make this day so very special. I am deeply grateful!!!! Namaste'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment