Monday, February 20, 2012

THE STORY CONTINUES!!!

I am now back in Memphis after having completed the Divine Love workshop in Texas yesterday afternoon. I got back home at 10 pm and was totally exhilarated and exhausted. There was so much information being given, some of which felt "right" to me, and some that did not.
AJ told us about this shirt the day before and described it as one that his "mates" told him not to buy. So here he is, "cowboy Bob" in his very Texan-looking shirt. He said in Australia, when he wore this shirt, he was a "poofter". In other words, he looks like he's gay. We had several laughs over his shirt all day, which helped to lighten the mood.
In my lost post, we defined love. Yesterday, we discussed "love of self". So here are some ways we can demonstrate self-love:
1. By not catering to our own addictions/denials/
expectations.
2. By a desire to feel ALL of our own emotions/pain.

3. By telling the truth to ourselves and to others about ourselves.
4. By feeling our own pain and no longer trying to justify the pain.
5. By only wanting what is loving for ourselves.
6. By our desire to grow more loving and truthful.
7. By being secure in our own belief system.
8. By not wanting others to share in our pain and by not wanting others to "reduce" our pain.
(Pain is always an indicator of correcting something within ourselves.)
Here's the pearl of wisdom I got for myself:
If I am really loving myself, I could live without one single person loving me and I am still happy.
That's definitely not where I'm at, so I have some things to look at. The couple to the left is Enrique and Anna with their daughter, Luna. A very cute couple from Las Vegas, Nevada.
This is Michael and his girlfriend, Daina. Michael lives in Florida and was the contact person for getting AJ's dvd's copied. He also taped the entire session this past weekend.


This was a really gregarious fellow, named Peter. When he came into the room on Saturday, he was late and entered the room and bellowed out, "hey, AJ, I'm Peter!". As soon as I heard him, I thought "Oh, good, one of the disciples is here!"
On Sunday, as I was getting ready to leave, I saw him and this woman, who I think she said her name is Diane, eating on the tailgate of the car. I walked over to tell Peter how much I enjoyed his energy in the group and found out that he teaches survival skills in Arizona. I was thrilled to hear this because I've been thinking about learning some of these skills for the past couple of years. Now I have a contact person to connect with in completing this goal.
Hope you get something out of this information. The most important piece of doing this work is about getting in touch with our emotions and allowing them to be expressed, and I'm not talking about "vomiting" our stuff onto somebody else, simply finding ways to express which help us to connect with God on even deeper levels.
PEACE IN!!!! LOVE OUT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment