Saturday, February 18, 2012

COMING FACE TO FACE WITH JESUS AND MARY!!!

How would you react if someone told you he was Jesus from the 1st century and his wife was Mary, also from the 1st century.
Well, this weekend, I am in the presence of just such a couple, seen here. They are from Brisbane, Australia, and yes, A J Miller claims he is the reincarnated Jesus from the 1st century.
I am in Texas attending a seminar put on by them and the topic of discussion is "Issues Preventing Growth on the Divine Love Path". I was not surprised to hear that the number one issue is, of course, fear.
I came into the weekend seeking some pearls of wisdom from this person that I had been "studying" for over two years. I've watched a number of his dvd's and found his message to be quite captivating. When I heard he was coming to the States, for what I thought was the first time, I knew I had to travel to see him. I think you can tell by this picture, he has a very warm and engaging personality and his wife is also quite captivating.
So, a couple of gems I got today is our session is this: 1. Many people expect spiritual development "on a plate". In other words, they want it easy, without any real need for effort in the change, instant enlightenment. Many people have "spirit" running every aspect of their life, when what God wants is for us to change by developing our own character, and it's not an instant change.
2. A heart that's open takes risks. This one really hit me because lately I've felt as if I've moved myself into a comfort zone and there's a part of me feeling as though I need to pull back, and pull into myself. Although I've spent many moments of my life taking risks, I'm feeling somewhat frightened and less courageous about stepping out into the world. I know many of you are saying "what?, that doesn't sound like the Corky we know and love!" You're right it doesn't, but it is something that's going on with me right now.
Tomorrow, we finish up by redefining what love is, not the kind of love we're all used to. Here's some of the ways the group defined "love": sweet, weak, vulnerable, caring, risky, condescending, foolish, conditional, blind, impractical, unreliable, painful, sacrifice, fleeting, hurtful, irrational, sex, limited, and earned. Not very positive is it. I hope when we start to redefine love by way of self, others and through truth there's a much more positive take on it. I'll be sure to let you know.
In the meantime, I really love each of you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment