Saturday, February 25, 2012

WHERE'S WALDO, NOW!!!

I loaded up, one more time, and headed for New Orleans. I have agreed to stay at my friend, Bev's, home and take care of her buddy, Joe.
On the way down, I called her sister, Lacy, and we agreed to meet for lunch. I got to the Jackson, Mississippi area before she did, so I scouted a place where we could eat and have a drink. We ended up in Byram, Miss. at a place called Reed Pierce's Place. It was a combination pool hall, dining hall and bar. Here's Lacy after she told me to take the picture "high up so you can't see my double chin!" We had a buffet lunch, with catfish, grilled pork chop, cornbread dressing, lima beans, green beans, and other accoutrement to satisfy our food cravings.
I arrived in New Orleans at 6pm and got unloaded, in the shower, and ate my chicken salad dinner before Bev arrived
home. It's always my pleasure to be here with her. We spent the rest of the evening watching the telly.
Here's Joe, aka Joe Friday. He is the sweetest dog, very accomodating. This morning she was cleaning out her pantry and found Joe's raincoat. He stood there while his mommy put it on him and then "allowed" us to take his picture.
Look how sweet he looks. Joe is a Catahoula Leopard Dog. They were trained to hunt wild boars, so are also called Catahoula Leopard Hog Dog.
He and I are going to spend alot of time together while Bev flies to Costa Rica for a visit with my twin.
Stay cool, stay dry, and stay in touch!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment