Saturday, August 18, 2012

BLUE SKIES???

 Left my comfortable bed this morning at 6am.  Had several things I needed to take care of before I hit the road, but was able to get on the road at 7am. 

I told my book club I was going on vacation this next week and my friend, Elva, said, "what, define vacation!"  I had to laugh because my life is one long vacation right now.  However, this trip is different from my being on the road in my camper.

First, I'm not pulling my camper this time.  I simply got in my truck and hit the road.  As much as I love my camper, being able to pull into any gas station, any restaurant, any rest stop without worrying whether or not I can get in and out easily, is quite relaxing.
Second, I'm actually meeting friends in Sedona, Arizona for a week of playing and relaxing.  Yes, every day is Saturday for me, but this really feels like a vacation.

As I traveled down I-40, there were a number of storms I passed through, in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and these two pictures were taken just outside Amarillo, Texas.

The clouds looked so unreal, with really dark areas and shining through were the rays of the sun.  At first I though it was rain, but as I got closer I could see it was only the sun shining through. 

After driving nearly 800 miles, I made it to the hotel in Amarillo about 6:15 pm.  Got checked in.  Then headed to the nearest steak house for a much needed sit-down dinner.  Had a wonderful sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and corn.  Looking forward to kicking back and being able to sleep in a little tomorrow morning.  My final leg of the journey to Albuquerque, to spend 3 days with my twin,
involves a drive of about 300 miles.  I hope to be there no later than 2pm and Coley and I are planning on going to see the movie "The Odd Life of Timothy Green".  My sister, Jenny, says it's a real tear-jerker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment