Monday, August 27, 2012

MORE PICS FROM ARIZONA!!!

In my last post I mentioned we, Alpha, Brian, BB and I were sitting up high above Sedona waiting for the sun to set.  Here's one of the pictures I took of the event.  Amazingly, after the sun went down, we turned around to find a spectacular rainbow just forming.  As you can see by the picture the sky is beginning to turn into the hues following a sunset.  Beautiful blues, purples, and pinks.  Why does all of this appear to be so beautiful when you're hundreds of miles from home?
 Today, we decided to take a trip to Jerome which is located about 25 miles south of Sedona.  Formerly a copper mining town, it now is home to an eclectic group of artisans, restaurants and shops.  A new addition to the town is a shop called Zen Mountain Gallery.  Christopher Mull is the owner and he has one of the most beautiful shops with a wide assortment of art ranging from "direct fire" pottery, to paintings, to jewelry and the most awesome gourds I've ever seen.  In fact, I thought they were pottery.  One looked so much like metal, I couldn't believe it was actually a gourd.  Intricate designs and detailing.  Wish I had taken a picture, just so you could see how amazing they were.
We walked up and down the streets of Jerome.  At one point we saw this guy sitting in front of one of the restaurants.  His name is Tim Treister and he created this motorcycle.  Alpha says this is her new ride and her new fella.   I sat for quite a while talking to him.  He hails from Palm Beach, California and has been in Clarkdale, Arizona for 18 years.  He had been hired to oversee a construction job for Yavapai Indians and fell in love with the area, so he stayed.
 Just as we parked my truck, we stepped across the street to take a picture of the view looking down the valley to Cottonwood.  I'm not sure what the elevation of Jerome is, but as we were climbing the road to arrive in the center of town, my ears began to equalize, so I knew we were getting pretty high.

The owner of the Zen Mountain Gallery suggested a restaurant to us.  It's called Quince (pronounced "keen-say") which means 15 in Spanish.  The owner is also a master chef who comes from New York and based the name also on the I-Ching (a form of Chinese divination) hexagram number 15 which implies modesty.  We were told it was by far the best mexican food any where around, including any of the restaurants in Sedona.

Here's one of the pictures I took, again with my symmetricam feature.  Alpha ordered a half salad with quesadillas and they brought out this huge salad.  You can see a little bit of my black beans that came with my green rice and blue corn enchiladas.  Brian ordered soft flour tacos with ground elk and BB also had the same salad as Alpha.  I have to say it was well worth the visit and I would be happy to return for another meal.

That's all the pictures for now.   Hope you're enjoying them as much as I'm enjoying taking them.  Hasta la vista!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment