Wednesday, August 29, 2012

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!

 I awoke this morning to the smell of coffee brewing.  I heard Alpha in the kitchen and asked "are you serving?"  "Yes, I am" and she quickly poured my coffee and added the cream and sugar for me.  So, this morning I had coffee in bed.  Life doesn't get any better than that.  We all got ready early, because out here you have to start early in order to be out of the worst heat of the day.  Our goal destination was what is bein called "uptown" but what is actually the original heart of Sedona.  We arrived in town and got a perfect spot and off we went to shop.  After about an hour and a half, we stopped into a restaurant called Oaxaca (pronounced O-wah-ka).  Again some excellent Mexican food.  From there we headed to the Chapel of the Holy Cross which sits very near Bell Rock. 

Here's Alpha at the walkway up to the Church.  As you can see the rocks are gynormous and when we stepped out of the truck it felt somewhat overpowering.  Just below the church is the huge mansion just to the left.  The word we heard was this was Madonna's house, but when we left the church and headed to the local gallery, we heard it belongs to the German man who has the patent for the Lasix eye surgery.  It's quite amazing, built, as you can see, on top of a red rock. 



Now,for some fun pictures.  Lest you think I don't have any "crazy" pictures of me, I asked Alpha to take this one.  Love my pointy chin.  The multi-colored one is of some Javelina pigs made out of ceramic which sit in front of the restaurant we ate in.  I loved the colors.  The picture that looks like an arrow was taken of a second story walkway and the bars are the part of the railing along the walkway.  Looks very Native American to me. 
The best part of my day came when we headed back to the condos.  Today, in the activity room, they were serving ice cream sundaes and root beer floats.  My preference was the root beer float.  Scrumptious!!! I can't remember the last time I had the pleasure of eating one.  So, let your inner child have a great day by getting your own!!!  Love to each of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment