Sunday, November 21, 2010

Alive

This morning I decided to check out the local church. It's called Hope Fellowship and it's very close to Hermosa, about 20 minutes from where we are in Coco. Since my usual Sunday begins with CBS Sunday Morning, I "sacrificied" myself in order to make it to church by 10 a.m. At this point, the jury is still out as to whether or not this church satisfies my spiritual needs. I had hopes it would be non-denominational, but it's grounded in a "christian/Jesus" slant. Not that I have any problem with the slant, but my personal belief lies more in accepting all faiths, all masters, all deities as leading to the same God, no matter by what name we call Him/Her. This church, at this time, has no minister, so members take turns each Sunday giving the "message" for that day. Today it was about being fully alive. We watched a very interesting video about the cosmos, the pictures taken with the Hubble telescope and the amazing universe created by God. From there the speaker went to the amazing features of the human body and all the trillions of cells that make up our physical bodies, the hundreds of miles of veins, capillaries, and arteries. Well, without going into alot of details, it was a very interesting video. I'm going to go again, to see how it feels the next time. I did meet some very interesting people.

This afternoon, Coley and I decided to meet our friend, Trish, at Zi's for drinks, chicken wings and a game of Tri-dominoes. Here's my twin posing in front of our condo unit. Look how pretty she looks!!!! We just arrived home after being at the bar for the past three hours. It goes without saying, I won the game, but it was a very close match.

Trish and Paul will leave here on Tuesday to return to the States to spend time with their daughter for the holidays. Coley and I are both going to miss her, since she's the only other person we've spent considerable time with playing games. When she gets back the middle of January, Coley and I will be in New Orleans or out on a cruise. So we won't actually reconnect with her until February, 2011.

Hasta luego, mi amigos y amigas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment