Friday, July 29, 2011

BACK IN OHIO!!!

At 5:50 am, yesterday, July 28th, I began my journey headed northeast, back to Ohio. I had a beautiful sunrise to greet me as I headed up I-40 to Nashville. It was a gorgeous day for traveling, although as the day wore on, the heat became increasingly hotter along with the humidity. Good thing I have a great air-conditioner in my truck, I stayed a cool 65 degrees the entire way back.


I had to take a picture of this sign. I love both these country music artists and although I can't remember exactly where the rest-stop is, it is dedicated to them.
I can remember when I was 17 years old working in a truck stop part-time. At that time I loved rock and roll music, this was in 1968 and 1969. When I began waitressing at the truck-stop, the only music played on the jukebox was country. Thus began my love of the old greats like Eddie Arnold, Faron Young, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams (Sr. not Jr.) and well, you get the picture. To this day I love to listen to some of the old songs.
I arrived back at my sister's house at 8:30 pm. A long day, a long drive, but I made it. Today, it's nearly 3:30 pm and I'm still in my pj's, hanging out in my camper. I LOVE MY CAMPER!!!!! It rained this morning about 9am and it was so wonderful sitting here having coffee and watching the rain out the windows. I called my sister and told her I would probably not be up until late this afternoon. She's planning on a spaghetti dinner, so I'm invited to cross the yard and come over for dinner.
Even though I have not talked to my twin, she left on Wednesday for Costa Rica. I hope she made it just fine and has resettled herself back into her home. How's the weather, sis? Sending you love and looking forward to talking. Sherri and Steve are headed for South Dakota today, probably for a long weekend.
Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment