Sunday, July 3, 2011

FINAL DAYS IN DELAWARE!!!


How's this for a final picture from Delaware. This is Sandy and Tom's front door, outside, and as you can see quite a popular spot for daddy long-leg spiders. My brother-in-law says they aren't really spiders, but to me they will always be spiders and I cringe when one gets on me.
I picked up my Sunnybrook on Friday, brought it back to my sister's house in Georgetown and when I went to put the slideout out, nothing happened. You can imagine my disappointment after having paid a large sum of money to have the slideout repaired. What we later learned is that I had blown a fuse in the house and once Tom reset it, the slideout worked beautifully.
On Saturday, I spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning and organizing cabinets, and sanitizing the refrigerator. It was so much fun being in my home once again. It's been nearly a month since I've been able to use my camper and to enjoy being in my own space. As much as I love being with my sister, there's alot to be said for getting up in your own bed, sitting at your own table enjoying a cup of coffee while soft, calming music plays on the stereo.
Once everything was back in place, I invited Tom and Sandy to come out for a drink. I made Ponderosas for us (champagne and pineapple juice) and we did a little love circle. I thanked them for being the angels who have taken care of me during this time of need. I asked each of them to draw a card from the Osho Zen Tarot deck. Sandy drew the 7 of fire, Stress, (7 is Sandy's power number) which spoke to each of us about creating opportunities to relax and enjoy the moment rather than overwhelming ourselves with too much to do and not enough time to do it in. Sandy certainly has alot of over-committed time in her life.
Tom drew the Major Arcana card "The Lovers". What was really great about this card is the idea of discovering the true essence of each person, beyond the physical aspect of loving someone. For over a month I've spent every day here at my sister's home. Since I left home at the age of 18, I've not had an opportunity to spend this much time with her and husband. It has been a really wonderful opportunity for me to get to know Tom at a much deeper level and to also be of service to both of them, to help take care of the home, to cook and clean, so that they both could have more time to do other things they needed to do.
I'm leaving on Tuesday, but I will so miss being here. However, I will not miss dogs whining and barking at 6:00 in the morning, or the whining as I try to watch a television show, or the dogs jumping up on me every time they come back into the house after their potty break. I plan to wallow in my bed the first morning I'm in Ohio. Love to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment