Friday, July 15, 2011

GOD'S HANDIWORK!!!


Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!!! I was recently sent this picture of a Parrot Flower from one of my dear friends. This plant is very rare, is from Thailand, and is on the endangered species list. Look how amazingly beautiful this flower is. I never cease to be amazed at creation. So many unique and wonderful things to view. I've also taken to really looking at some insects lately.
While I was in Delaware, my sister, Sandy, received a beautiful rose bush from a couple of friends to congratulate her on receiving her MACH 5 title. Sandy put it close to the back door until she could decide where to plant it. One day, I was headed to the store and I noticed the leaves had been eaten by an insect. On closer inspection I noticed the most beautiful iridescent blue/green beetle sitting on the branches. There must have been a dozen of them. I later found out it was the dreaded Japanese beetle you've heard about in the news. Later, I was having a conversation with my friends, Jim and Elizabeth, in Missouri, and they, too, have been inundated with these pesky pests. Elizabeth had been treating them with soapy water and had found that to be very effective.
Next week, I've decided to drive to Memphis to be at a going-away luncheon for my friend, Lisa. She and her family have sold their home in Collierville, TN and are moving to Springfield, MO. So, Elva, if you are reading this, please make a reservation for one more at Rafferty's and MUM's the word. I'm so excited about seeing my friends again and spending a few days reconnecting.
I'm also asking prayers for George Smith who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Please hold him in the Light of wholeness and perfect health as he puts his life in the hands of his very capable oncologists. Also, continue to hold my sister, Jenny, in this Light as well, as she continues to heal from a bulging disc.
For all the people who touch my life, I say "I love you deeply!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment