Sunday, December 18, 2011

THE BEAUTY AROUND ME!!!









My last night at Magnolia's we had a sunset beyond description. It looked like the hills were on fire!!! This picture gives you an idea of how awe -inspiring it was. As my friend, Lynn, would say, "C, it's glorious!!!" It's now two days later and I can still feel the gloriousness of watching this beautiful unfoldment of an event that occurs every evening.










I am once again with my dear friends, Cathy and Ted at Heartwood. Today, the weather hit in the low 60's so we decided to drive over to Lake Guntersville and the RV Park they've bought into. It's sits right on the lake and has everything to offer, including a youth activity center, both indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, shuffle board, miniature golf and an activity center where they play bingo, bunco and many games. There was a table of 4 women and 1 man getting ready to play cutthroat "Hand and Foot". Mom, do you know what this means? I had a great conversaton with them and they told me anytime I want to come and play, that they are there nearly every day. So, I'm filing that away for the next time I'm up this way. I believe next year I can make that happen, bring my camper up here!!! Any takers on a road trip????



Here's the happy couple standing in front of my Christmas tree. OK, maybe it's not my tree, but I'm sure if I had one it would be this beautiful. This was taken in the lodge at Lake Guntersville State Park. We decided to stop in and have a bite to eat for lunch.




The picture above was taken while standing on the deck at the lodge looking out to Lake Guntersville. Just to the right of this picture, about 5 miles from the lodge is where they have their RV site.




I've so enjoyed being here. We've relaxed every evening, I've had time in the morning, and before going to bed, to read, and, Cathy and I have had some good in-depth conversations about working on our "stuff". Ted continues to support both of us by being there in a multitude of small ways, not the least of which is making "Ted bread" for me while I'm here. I did get to help with this endeavor by coming by their house, when I first arrived on the mountain, by coming by and stirring the "starter" for him.




Hope all of you are moving toward the holidays with ease and joy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment