Sunday, December 4, 2011

BRRRRRRR!!!!


How beautiful are the trees when they are covered in snow and ice. This was what New Mexico looked like when I left this morning. I actually got up at 7 a.m. to see about the road conditions. I learned that I-40 was closed at Clines Corner, the direction I was headed in.
About 30 minutes later the weatherman reported the expressway opened again, but for people to wait since there was a long backup of tractor-trailers, and to give them a chance to clear out. So I waited until 9:30 am to leave.

I drove for the first two hours with snow falling, however, the roads were perfect. The traffic moved along at a good speed and I made it to Tucumcari by about 12 noon. The snow apparently had been quite heavy compared to what we had gotten in Albuquerque. Aren't the trees beautiful though!!!
Unfortunately I did not get to meet Steve. He has been stranded in Nevada and probably won't be in until at least Monday evening, barring any unforeseen bad weather heading his way. Having spent the past three weeks with Coley, it was a bittersweet moment this morning as I was leaving.
I know she's disappointed not to be spending time with Steve, but I'm sure it will happen!!!
How's this for a change in landscape. Once I crossed over into Texas, absolutely no snow at all. These are some windmills around Windorado, Texas. In case you can't see them, they are the little white lines in the far distance, please use your imagination!!!!


And, finally, this cross I've seen several times. At night you can see it for miles. It's lit up and I believe it's a 19 story cross at Groom, Texas.
I landed at the Motel 6 about 7pm, ate a bite and now, as soon as I finish this, I'll be headed to bed and I hope a really good night's sleep.
My friends in Missouri said they are supposed to get freezing rain over night, so please hold me in your prayers for an easy, safe journey tomorrow.
Blessings to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment