Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!!!

First things first. Early this morning I received a phone call from my friend, Shelia. Her long-time companion, Maya, transitioned today. Shelia was sobbing on the phone and asked if I could come out and take care of the house and dogs where she is pet-sitting and I told her I certainly could and I'd be there directly.
This was the first thing I saw as I walked through the door to go into the house. I'm "suffering" through being in this palatial estate. My feelings are "somebody has to do it!!!" So I'm muddling through. Shelia has gone back to her home to be with the family. Her partner, Chris, called and said Jared, the grandson, is still pretty upset about it and Betty, Chris' Mom, has been very upset by it as well. For all of us, Maya was part of the family for nearly 15 years, a Tankersley through and through, meaning she knew she was a princess and expected to be treated as one. Rest in peace sweet baby!!! I know you're playing with Sedona and Inca, having shed that old, cumbersome body for the light, playful one.
As I came into the house from the pool area, this beautiful wall is just inside the door. There's beautiful stone fireplaces in every room, including the bathroom. Gosh this is so hard!!!! I get to live in the lap of luxury for the entire month of January.
Tonight is New Year's Eve. As I reflect on the past year, I am ever so grateful for having had the opportunity to really enjoy my first complete year of retirement exactly as I had envisioned, living and traveling in my own "home on wheels". I traveled through and stayed in Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, Delaware, Maryland, Ohio, Massachusetts, Maine, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Alabama and back to Tennessee. Not too bad for the first year!!!
Shelia and I were supposed to do a ceremony tonight, but we've now postponed it until tomorrow. Tonight I'll be thinking about my goals for this New Year, offering up prayers for my loved ones and sending gratitude to all of you who've opened your hearts and homes to me this year!!! If today was the last day I had to be on this Earth, there would be no regrets whatsoever, only a sense of having lived my best life (this is what Oprah speaks about)!!! As I said to my friend, Magnolia, I love living large in the world, the entire world!!! This coming year will be no exception!!! I wish all of you the joy of following your Spirit, the expansiveness of keeping your heart open, the courage of walking your talk, and the enthusiasm to continue to seek the magic and miracles in every moment!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment