Monday, December 26, 2011

"THE STOCKINGS WERE HUNG..."


WOW!!!!Has it really been over a week since I last posted. What a really great week!!! This picture to the left was the living room/bedroom where I spent two nights. This is Shelia and Chris' home decorated for the coming event. They also had a beautiful white tree, which you can see a little of, however, it was much more beautiful than this little snippet shows.

I came back from Mentone to help facilitate the chanting of the Gayatri Mantra on Wednesday night. Shelia and I had invited the Mentone 8 for a reunion/Christmas gathering in Beth's home next door to Shelia's. This is the group of women who all traveled from Memphis to Mentone to participate in Edwene Gaines' October workshop and firewalk. It's me on the far left, Judy, Sally (behind), Beth (in front), Marty (behind), Shelia and Deliece. Our friend, Kim, could not make it, but she was definitely there in spirit. We'd each brought a little dish to share and after the chant we did a little Santa giveaway while we ate and drank. Deliece made a drink called "Winter Solstice" which had pear nectar infused with rosemary, and Grand Marnier liquor. She poured it in the glass with a sprig of rosemary. It was quite delicious!
I spent Christmas Eve with my friend, Bev's, family in Southaven. Bev wasn't able to come home but the dinner was awesome. We had finger foods, but they were delectable. We had stuffed mushrooms, shrimp stuffed filo cups, ham sandwiches with swiss and a mustard poppy seed dressing, two kinds of cranberry sauce, two cheese trays, ambrosia and miniature fudge brownies with a peppermint frosting.
I spent part of the day with my friend, Deliece, having Bailey's and coffee and ham and cheese omelets. Later I headed for a pet-sitting job where I open my gifts and spent the rest of the day in my pj's vegging in front of the telly. It felt so good to finally be taking a chill pill after so much traveling. So color me out of here!!! Back to being a vegetable!!! Hope all of you had a joy-filled Christmas and are preparing for the celebration to bring in the New Year and all that holds for each of us!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment