Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!"

The first time I spoke to the man my twin was planning on spending several weeks with, I found him to be communicative, friendly, easy to talk to, and I enjoyed our conversation.
I recently said to this same man "I've got my eyes on you". The expression seemed to confuse him and he asked "what does that mean?" and I said "it means I'm watching you". He then wished me a safe journey and before I could continue the conversation, his phone went dead.
The words were spoken with no malice, nor anger, nor even deep seriousness. However, my words have been construed as a mark against his integrity, and, as of this moment, he has had no further contact with her.
So, I have spent the better part of two days delving into my role in this situation. What I know to be true of me is that having been her twin for 60 years now, there is a part of me that is protective of her, and I know she feels the same towards me. Were I simply a sister, and not a twin, I believe I would still feel a sense of protectiveness, as I do with all of my sisters. Is this a bad thing...no, I don't believe it is. Does my "watching him" mean I question his integrity, not in the slightest. For me, it simply means "I've got her back!!!!" My sister has been through alot over the past year or more. I know she is somewhat fragile right now (my words, not hers) and my concern for her is only to be available should she need me for anything. I also know she is totally capable of taking care of herself and has never needed me to take care of her, but she knows I'm here for her and I know she is there for me.
My twin feels as if she has been put in the middle. For that I am sorry!!! Would I change anything, probably not. Would I do anything to make the situation better, if I could, yes. However this unfolds, I know in my heart this, too, shall pass and everything is in Divine order. I love my twin and wish for her the greatest happiness and the deepest love in every moment!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment