Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MOVING NORTH!!!

I left Macon, Georgia at 9:20 am and arrived in Winston-Salem, North Carolina around 4:10 pm. These are my two friends, Teresa, whose house I'm staying at and Douglas, a friend of ours who moved in with Teresa last year (about 8 months ago). Both of these friends have walked on fire with me more than once.

My friend, Doug, helped me put on a firewalk last September in Missouri. His family's farm close to Brewer, Missouri is where we held it and it happened just after I bought my new truck. So, believe it or not, as Douglas and I got ready to leave for his home in St. Louis, I got my truck stuck and we had to call his Dad to come tow me out. DUH!!!!!
Love this picture of Douglas!!! He looks like the "monkeys" on Planet of the Apes. We had a great laugh over this one!!

This is another picture of Douglas. He went from fat head to pointy head.
Teresa has four cats and this is Marley. She has two tuxedo cats and two solid black cats.
Teresa, Douglas and I spent a very relaxing evening out on the back porch. Douglas had brought meatloaf home for dinner and we had that along with a salad, peas and broccoli. I had not had meatloaf in over ten years, I'm sure, so I certainly enjoyed it.
Today, Teresa played hooky from work and she and I are going to drive to a couple of the camp sites around this area so I can see what they look like. Then if I come back this way, I can park my camper in one of the area parks.
I'll be leaving here on Thursday morning for Delaware. See you in the funny papers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment