Saturday, May 28, 2011

My North Carolina Journey

Even though my trip was short, it was very sweet. On Tuesday, Teresa again took some time off from work and we spent the day doing the tourist thing. The first place we went to was Pilot Mountain. It was my desire to check out some of the RV parks in the area, so this was the first park we went to. As you can see it's a very interesting mountain with what looks like a cap on the top.


From Pilot Mountain, Teresa asked me if I had ever been to Mount Airy, North Carolina. The claim to fame is this is the model city for the Mayberry television show. Andy Griffith was born in Mount Airy and it's about a 20 minute drive from Pilot Mountain.



From Mount Airy, we traveled back to Winston-Salem and ended up in what called Old Salem. To the far left is a picture of part of the old town and the picture to the right is the gun smith's house. Old Salem was settled by the Moravians from Czechoslovakia (sp?) in about 1760.
This was a piece of art, a tea pot, which is signicant of the culture of the Moravians.
Also, in Old Salem is Salem College for Women. It's one of the oldest colleges for women in this country and set in the middle of Old Salem, which is located right in downtown Winston-Salem.
I journey to Delaware from North Carolina and will be staying with my sister and brother-in-law. My brother-in-law just had cardiac oblation done, so the timing is perfect for me being with them. I can help them take care of the kennels and the hundreds of birds

No comments:

Post a Comment