Monday, May 30, 2011

TREKKING UP TO DELAWARE

I left Winston-Salem and headed up to Georgetown, Delaware. What a shock I had when I got to the toll booth at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. The cost for cars was $12.00, but my cost with my RV was $20.00. I also was asked to pull over to the side of the road and to turn off my propane before I got to the tunnels.
This is a picture I took from my truck window just as I got onto the bridge. The Chesapeake Bridge is about 25 miles across and it's got two tunnels you drive through. Really beautiful drive! The weather for the entire drive was gorgeous. My drive took about 7 hours and since I left at 6:10 a.m., I got to Fruitland, Maryland about 1 p.m. and stopped for a leisurely lunch.

Yesterday, Sandy, Tom and I went to Malvern, Pennsylvania to the Thorncross Equestrian Center. Sandy and Tom's granddaughter, Madison, was entered in a horse show. Here she is stutting her stuff. Madison is 6 years old and was born with spina bifida, so she is unable to walk without braces on her legs. She really loves riding horses though.

Here's Madison, with her brother, Zachary who's 3 years old and quite a pistol. Madison took third place in the ring and 5th place in the agility track. She loved the 5th place ribbon best because it was her favorite color, pink. Zachary says he wants to ride horses, too!!!

Now, how would you like to do this kind of weaving before you enter a horse show. This was something to see.
We spent the better part of the day at the horse show and got to spend time with Doug, Sandy and Tom's youngest son. His wife was working so he had the care of both kids. There was a wonderfully cooling breeze most of the afternoon. This particular horse competition was for disabled youngsters and watching their faces was so inspiring.
In my next post I'll share with you one of my "bucket list" opportunities. Remember to take the time to tell your friends and families how much you love them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment