Friday, May 20, 2011

WHERE'S WALDO???

I made it to Macon, Georgia. Home of Mercer University, where my friend, Bowden, works as a Family Therapist. I traveled over 400 miles in one day, which I've decided in way too much driving in one day. However, having said that, I did quite well. I even stopped at a beautiful rest area just as I crossed over into Georgia, and got into my camper for a soda and an ice cream. What a DELIGHTFULL experience of being able to stop and enjoy a nice snack or meal in the comfort of my home on wheels.
Bowden met me at the exit as I pulled off in Macon and led me to his house so he could take me in the back way in order to park right in front of his and Deb's house. Deb is in Savannah, Ga. until Sunday, which gives Bowden and I plenty of time to reconnect. By way of knowing who this person is in my life, Bowden and I met while I was in an emotional release group and the group met in my home for about 2 years. Then Bowden and I decided to go through the entire emotional release training together, all three levels. He's one of my best male buddies.
So, here we go, with the fun part of my blog, the symmetricam pictures. As you can see on the left is my friend, we'll call Mr. Blockhead.

But, then Mr. Blockhead appears to be spinning out of control. Love the eyes on the side of his head.

My all-time favorite is this one. I told Bowden he reminds me of Odin, the Norse God. Bowden has a real warrior energy about him, he's got a stocky build and I can imagine him with a broadsword in his hand, wreaking havoc with the infidels.

This one turned out really interesting. Looks really phallic, but with eyes in the middle. Is that the brain around? Hmmmmm!!!! Gives a whole new perception of "thinking with his little brain!!!"

This morning, Friday, we very leisurely moved into our day with a bowl of granola with yogurt and fresh blueberries. Once we ventured out, we headed to the local pick-your-own farm and Bowden picked a bucket full of blackberries and I picked a third bucket of strawberries. For the most part the strawberries were mostly done, but I was able to find a few worth bending over for.

What a hunk of burning love!!! I shampooed my hair this morning and let it air dry.


One of our last stops of the day was this coffee shop close to where Bowden and Deb live, close to where Mercer University sits. Since the summer session is on at the school, the coffee has gone to summer hours and we got there 10 minutes to closing time. Bowden and I both wondered where our day had gone to because by this time it's already 5pm.
One thing I noticed along my journey yesterday was how full all the rivers, creeks and streams are. Some of them were breathtakingly beautiful. I had never been on the Natchez Trace Parkway and was able to see a portion of that highway. Perhaps one day I'll plan to drive the entire length of it.
There you have it. A day in the life of... See you on the road, or in my dreams!!! LTA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment