Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BACK ON THE ROAD!!!

On Thursday, September 1st, I traveled to visit with my friends, Linda and Bob Bolduc. Here's Linda as she prepares to leave for the hospital.
Once again, I was in the right place, right time. By Sunday, after having spent a delightful weekend doing the garage sale thing and eating a whole lobster dinner on Saturday evening, Bob woke up on Sunday not feeling too well. By later Sunday afternoon, Linda had made the decision to take him to the hospital. They immediately admitted him for testing since he'd had a stroke last year and he was complaining of a tightness in his upper abdomen.
My reservation for Maine was for Monday, so I drove over, about 100 miles from their house, set up the camper as much as possible and drove back to Linda's house to spend the night. Linda had recently been diagnosed with macular degeneration and it is very difficult for her to see most things, so she said she'd be more comfortable with someone staying with her.
As I was headed to Maine, I crossed this bridge which goes over the Piscataqua River and as you cross it you are then crossing over from New Hampshire into Maine.
I ended up staying with Linda both Monday and Tuesday nights and Bob came home today. It seems he had blockage in his small intestine, but with medication and other treatments, the blockage cleared and today he felt much better. As soon as I got them both home, I returned to Saco, Maine to be in my camper and to relax for a little while before I leave for the retreat this weekend.

This is a beautiful stained glass window in Linda and Bob's main bathroom.

I took this picture in front of the fireplace mantel where Linda had a beautiful bouquet of flowers with cobalt blue vases on either side. As you can see I used the symmetricam feature of my camera.
This was taken in Linda's living room. As you look out to the street, she has a beautiful display of flowers with a garland hanging above decorated with Christmas ornaments. Very pretty and again, taken with symmetricam.
It's about 7pm here in Maine, and the weather has been in the low 60's, high 50's all day with rain off and on. I'm snuggled inside my camper with the heat on, preparing to get into my pajamas and crawl into bed early. I even have a flannel sheet on my bed to keep me warm.
For all of you experiencing extreme heat, wish you were here with me. For those of you not experiencing extreme heat, I also wish you were here with me!!! Where's all my traveling buddies? Hugs to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment