Thursday, September 29, 2011

HEADED HOME!!!

On the way to Doug's party, we stopped on the side of the road to let the puppies have a potty break. Sandy pointed out the memorial, as seen below, across the street. It turns out to be a Memorial to the veterans of World War I from the State of Delaware. Just below the inscription on the top of the memorial are all the names of the soldiers who died in that war.
Just across the street, was this beautiful church. Obviously what caught my eye was the red door. Interesting how many churches, offices, and houses now have bright red doors. It's supposed to be a Feng Shui thing, but I think it looks really great and very eye-catching. For churches, just what they need to bring attention to their location.
Last night, Sandy, Dax (the 6 mo. old German short-haired pointer puppy) and I went to the training center. Sandy was dropping off her computer to be repaired. While Dax was supposed to be sitting in the back seat, he often poked his head up front to lay it on either Sandy's or my shoulder. He is such a lover and a very sweet puppy. Smart, too!!! This is the last litter they are going to have and Dax is the son of Ice who is the daughter of Rosie, Sandy's absolute favorite dog. Rosie is the dog who has earned all the MACH titles. Dax follows Rosie around the house all day, learning all her bad habits and then when he gets into trouble, he tries to hide behind her. She seems to tolerate him for the most part, although sometimes he goes too far and she has to reprimand him.
Tomorrow I leave for home. Back to my old stomping grounds. I'll be set up at Sardis Lake from October 1st until about the 10th of November. I'm so looking forward to reconnecting with all my friends and my book club group.
"On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again........"

No comments:

Post a Comment