Friday, October 28, 2011

AN END TO A SEASON!!!

This time of the year is one of my favorites. When the trees begin to display an array of colors that dazzle and enliven the spirit. For a brief time I am in awe of the majesty and splendor of God's handiwork.
My journey into the New England part of the country gave me no glimpses of the ever-changing hues of autumn, and believe me the fall colors are a sight to behold. I hope all of you can make that journey some day!!!
As I was puttering around yesterday, I happened to look across the lane and there was this gorgeous tree. I wish I had the type of camera that captures more completely the true essence of the color. But you all know exactly what I'm talking about.
It's in those moments we glimpse the power of something greater that we are, and we are in awe!!!
I'm winding down now, my stay is coming to an end here. I accomplished quite a bit around my camper, many things packed and ready to go. I have decided to take my truck, rather than renting a car. The idea of putting all that money into a car I'll have to give back in 30 days made me rethink the idea of taking my truck. Now, I've decided to put "all terrain" tires, replace all 4, on instead. It's an even trade for the price of the car. Carolyn and Glynn are going to do the tune-up and get it road ready for me. I told Coley and she was actually excited. I guess a part of me thought she'd much prefer the comfort of a smaller vehicle. But not!!! So we are both even more excited about our journey!!! I pick her up in New Orleans on November 17th and we leave bright and early the next morning for Missouri, our first "pit" stop.
Traveling from there to the badlands of South Dakota and finally into Wyoming.
More about that as we get closer. Today is Friday. All you working stiffs, yahoooooo, Friday!!!!!
To all, have a GREAT weekend, find the beauty around you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment