Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MY "AH HA" MOMENT

This past weekend, I attended a workshop for women only with this woman. Her name is Edwene Gaines and she's a Unity minister. I've been participating in her workshops since the early 1990's. I refer to her as my "spiritual mentor" because of all I've learned from this very wise and inspiring woman. In her lap is her newest "baby", Pumpkin, a 10-week old maltese puppy.
We arrived on Friday, seven women from the Memphis area. In the workshop there were about 38 women total. Each of Edwene's workshops is about empowering women to be all they can be.
In 1995, I traveled to Glastonbury, England with her for a seven day retreat which culminated in a firewalk, my first one. From the moment I crossed the fire, I knew in my heart I wanted to bring this experience to others. My becoming a Master Firewalk Instructor was all due to this first experience and I've been loving it ever since. This past weekend was no different. On Sunday evening we built the fire together and everyone, except for three women, walked the fire, quite a few for the very first time.
So, here's the moment I gleaned from the entire weekend and the piece I needed to get for myself. Edwene was talking about believing "God is my source". If you really believe this then God can work all kinds of miracles in your life and in all ways. The more she talked the more I realized I had been cutting off my "source". I've been languaging for myself, on several occasions since I retired "I'm on fixed income". Do you know what that does for your "source", stops it like a brick wall. Now that I've had this awakening experience I will never again use this expression. I do believe God is my source and I've had many moments when "unexpected" money has come into my life enabling me to do many of the workshops I've done over the past 20 years.
What are you languaging for your life? Are you limiting your Source? Are you creating the life you dream of or limiting yourself? Think about it. Perhaps you're also putting out energy unknowingly, but, it's never too late to have the life you dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment